Hello what few readers I have left. I promised a surprise a few weeks back and have since failed to deliver on it due to it being a much tougher task than I first assumed. But that surprise will still happen. Soon because I only need a few scant things to be done and I refuse to degrade what I am trying to do by including random things just to finish it. But this entry is not about that…
It is about the value of a paycheck, or the lack there of. Love may be all you need but money makes the world go around. It gets you from place to place. It entertains. It relieves stress. It is insurance for a rainy day and we all know that when it rains, it pours.
But a paycheck does a whole lot more than those things. It attaches meaning and a symbolism to what a person does. It carries pride. That got me thinking. Those who lose their ability to receive a paycheck become embarrassed or ashamed. Many who still earn or have the ability to earn one take the pride for granted but they still need to feel it.
Many of us would love to earn a large paycheck. Think of what it could symbolize. Importance, esteem, respect on the highest level? I disagree. Working for NO paycheck achieves those things. According to our book or right and wrong (which few follow despite citing as their influence) this is what we should strive for.
As I sit and write this, I find it ironic that paychecks symbolize so much and that working for no paycheck should be the ultimate goal. I wish I can get there one day. But then I remember I am a college graduate and I come back to reality.
A random find, the Random Puma. An interesting perspective and takes one to the futuristic days of StarTrek, where people work for the fun of it and in areas that are interesting to them. A grand socialistic world where the government provides everything needed. No fights, no altruistic motives about money. Yet, where do they get the latinum to pay for things? Why are people ambitious? Why do people strive to better themselves?
ReplyDelete